Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Fun


This is me and my Dad!  Many of you know Lyle. He is extremely well known in this town. We can't take him anywhere without planning extra time to stop and talk to... well, everyone on the way.  Growing up it was more than a little bit of pressure when you realize that everyone knows your Mom and Dad, and you are held to a pretty high standard of behavior.  You can't get away with anything...  

Dad is turning 80 this year, for Fathers Day he made a list of things he wanted, and then proceeded to tell us that it was just a list to get Mom to stop asking what he wanted. So who does that punish?  Well he ended up getting the items on his list.  Serves him right.

Here he is with his Crocks and Knee Shorts (inflicting whitest legs on planet earth to the unsuspecting). I am pretty sure you can see his white legs from space.  ( white legs pictures in the future, if the camera can capture it, we may need to make one of those eclipse boxes to take the photo).


And the Knee Shorts: ( yes, as a matter of fact that is my sorry fat carcass in the chair, post Hot Dog Bar, I haven't "leaned out" yet... the doctor says it's gonna happen... I could still grow into my weight, might have to be about 7'2").


I thought I would bust a gut when both my younger sisters picked out and wrapped and gifted the exact same book!!! Ha!!!

Well it was a great day! Many thanks to my Sisters, they really know how to throw a party and put out the spread. the Hot Dog bar was like nothing you could ever imagine, it had every possible topping you could think of and instructions for combinations from around the world... only at the Call's.
Picture of the spread:


Okay now the serious stuff, My Dad is the best example I know of how to live and love, find the joy and peace in everything and the positive in everyone. He always has time for me, and listens to my life. I know he truly cares about me and my family, and takes care of us every way he knows how. We have had a rough couple of years and I cannot tell you how great and supporting he has been, taking care of me and especially taking care of my dear Wife.  I love to tell him jokes and make him laugh, he then repeats them and messes up the punch line which makes it even funnier, and tells the jokes all over town.  I have to keep him supplied so he has new material.  Recently he wanted to buy a new string trimmer but was worried about getting one that would last,(he is so finicky about this stuff), I said "Dad, I am pretty sure at this point(80 yrs old) anything you buy is going to last you a lifetime..." He laughs and laughs...

He genuinely loves each one of us, and I never doubted he has always loved and respected my Mother, they are a team am an example of how two can really become one and transcend that to be better together. You lift me and I'll lift thee and we'll accend together...  and well, look at this picture, need I say more, this is what it is all about:


Thank you to my entire family, I am grateful that you put up with me as a son, husband, brother, father and all around goofball.  Here is the entire Clan in two photos, Grand kids, and then the Sibs and spouses:
And my Sisters and Our Spouses:

So what about me?  My Fathers Day was top notch, my kids were all here and happy, they contributed to my Guitar fund (a topic for another week) and my dear wife allowed me to play in the dirt all day Saturday automating the backyard sprinklers.  There was blood, and sweat and tears, and at least two trips to Lowe's so that makes it a real project.  I had a ball, still working to have the rain-birds go all the way left to right and return properly, but I will figure it out... 

This blogging thing I can see is going to require me to take more pictures and write a little more.  I will put in joke or two in the future to share with everyone, I know about 2000 on all types of subjects depending on the conversation, I will share some of my favorites...and be ready for the golf, oh yes.  

So there you have it, my first real post on the blog. Thank you Melinda for the great pictures, Marcie for the great setting and Food! and Liz and Angela for the comedy... Now I won't have to wait to read Dad's new book... I will just read the other one!  

ABC

No comments:

Post a Comment